Find below a warm-up activity to start out:
To organise the activity, the steps followed in the Chat Show are:
- Listen to a story
- Take the role of a character
- Describe that character
- What would you like to ask the character if you had the chance to meet him?
- Come up with some questions
- As a big group activity we reflect on what makes a good question (punctuation, words, order...)
- Sit down and write your questions down (individually, in pairs or small groups)
- Then...time for THE CHAT SHOW! The teacher acts as the "TV host.
- Someone dresses up as the chosen character. In turns, we ask him/her questions.
- Someone will be in charge of recording the interview: Children acting like reporters
Take the challenge and do it! Promote critical thinking within your students!